CPI(M) meet gets under way to discuss internal iss
Thiruvananthapuram: A crucial five-day meeting of the CPI(M)`s Kerala leadership began here today to discuss the internal issues affecting the party, including the flare-up in the feud between senior leader V S Achuthanandan and state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan.
The party General Secretary Prakash Karat and four other Polit Bureau members would be attending the sessions as decided by the CPI(M) Central Committee which took a serious note of the convulsions in the state unit.
According to party sources, the state secretariat would meet the first two days to structure the agenda and course of discussions for the three-day state committee session to he held subsequently.
The party has come under a shadow following the brutal murder of Marxist rebel and RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan at Onjiyam in Kozhikode district last month, though the party had repeatedly asserted that it had nothing to do with the dastardly act.
However, Putting the party leadership on the defensive, several CPI(M) activists had been arrested in connection with the case besides six members of hit-squad.
The long-running battle between Achuthanandan and Vijayan has taken a critical turn following the murder with the former openly stating that the leadership under Vijayan should have sought to bring back dissidents like Chandrasekharan instead of running them down by dubbing them "betrayers and renegades".
Achuthanandan had also written to the Polit Bureau seeking changes in the state leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’