CPI(M) MPs demand thorough probe into solar scam in Kerala
New Delhi: Four CPI(M) MPs have demanded a thorough probe into the solar scam in Kerala, saying the findings would be a pointer towards "large-scale corruption" at the national level, akin to the 2G or the coal scams.
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the MPs said, "What we gather is that the solar scam in Kerala is just a tip of the iceberg. So far, the state government and its police could not get into the details and the core of this scam.
"We demand that the Centre should hold an independent andthorough probe into this issue using federal agencies."
They said such an investigation would act as "a pointer to the large-scale corruption and cheating in the country in the name of the Solar Mission".
The letter, signed by KN Balagopal, P Rajeeve, MB Rajesh and PK Biju, said, "If we look into the grid connected schemes, the corruption may be much bigger. It may end up as corruption scandal such as the 2G or the coal scam, which will result in the loss of several thousands of crore to the exchequer."
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) in Kerala had last month carried out a two-day siege of the state secretariat after the Congress-led state government agreed for a judicial probe into the solar scam.
It has now decided to intensify its agitation demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy over his alleged role in the scam.
The MPs also claimed in the letter that fraudulent companies had cheated hundreds of investors "allegedly with the help of the highest offices in the state".
"These companies are grabbing money from both the innocent consumers and the government. In fact, the government is helping these private players to maximise their profit using its own schemes," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day