CPI(M) MPs demand thorough probe into solar scam in Kerala
New Delhi: Four CPI(M) MPs have demanded a thorough probe into the solar scam in Kerala, saying the findings would be a pointer towards "large-scale corruption" at the national level, akin to the 2G or the coal scams.
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the MPs said, "What we gather is that the solar scam in Kerala is just a tip of the iceberg. So far, the state government and its police could not get into the details and the core of this scam.
"We demand that the Centre should hold an independent andthorough probe into this issue using federal agencies."
They said such an investigation would act as "a pointer to the large-scale corruption and cheating in the country in the name of the Solar Mission".
The letter, signed by KN Balagopal, P Rajeeve, MB Rajesh and PK Biju, said, "If we look into the grid connected schemes, the corruption may be much bigger. It may end up as corruption scandal such as the 2G or the coal scam, which will result in the loss of several thousands of crore to the exchequer."
The CPI(M)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) in Kerala had last month carried out a two-day siege of the state secretariat after the Congress-led state government agreed for a judicial probe into the solar scam.
It has now decided to intensify its agitation demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy over his alleged role in the scam.
The MPs also claimed in the letter that fraudulent companies had cheated hundreds of investors "allegedly with the help of the highest offices in the state".
"These companies are grabbing money from both the innocent consumers and the government. In fact, the government is helping these private players to maximise their profit using its own schemes," they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note