Early retirement for Pinarayi Vijayan’s wife for joining strike
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s wife T Kamala is among seven teachers who are facing the prospect of "losing their jobs" for joining the ongoing strike of state government employees and teachers, sponsored by pro-Left unions.
Kamala and others would be terminated from service before their due retirement date on March 31 for joining the strike after entering the "superannuation period."
The indefinite strike has been called by pro-Left and pro-BJP unions since Monday demanding that the Congress-led UDF government drop its decision to introduce Contributory Pension Scheme for employees joining the service from April this year.
The strike has partly affected functioning of government offices, schools and quasi-government establishments like universities.
According to Kerala Service Rules, the academic staff in the education department could continue in service till March 31 even if they attain the retirement age of 56 after the commencement of the academic year in June.
Union sources said teachers who joined strike during their superannuation period would automatically lose their jobs and the termination order in this regard was just a formality.
Kamala, who was a teacher of St Joseph`s High School, Thalassery, is now on deputation at State Literacy Mission here.
Six other teachers belonging to the pro-CPI(M) Kerala State Teachers Association (KSTA) who joined the strike during the superannuation period would also lose their jobs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP