Early retirement for Pinarayi Vijayan’s wife for joining strike
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s wife T Kamala is among seven teachers who are facing the prospect of "losing their jobs" for joining the ongoing strike of state government employees and teachers, sponsored by pro-Left unions.
Kamala and others would be terminated from service before their due retirement date on March 31 for joining the strike after entering the "superannuation period."
The indefinite strike has been called by pro-Left and pro-BJP unions since Monday demanding that the Congress-led UDF government drop its decision to introduce Contributory Pension Scheme for employees joining the service from April this year.
The strike has partly affected functioning of government offices, schools and quasi-government establishments like universities.
According to Kerala Service Rules, the academic staff in the education department could continue in service till March 31 even if they attain the retirement age of 56 after the commencement of the academic year in June.
Union sources said teachers who joined strike during their superannuation period would automatically lose their jobs and the termination order in this regard was just a formality.
Kamala, who was a teacher of St Joseph`s High School, Thalassery, is now on deputation at State Literacy Mission here.
Six other teachers belonging to the pro-CPI(M) Kerala State Teachers Association (KSTA) who joined the strike during the superannuation period would also lose their jobs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest