Early retirement for Pinarayi Vijayan’s wife for joining strike
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI(M) Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s wife T Kamala is among seven teachers who are facing the prospect of "losing their jobs" for joining the ongoing strike of state government employees and teachers, sponsored by pro-Left unions.
Kamala and others would be terminated from service before their due retirement date on March 31 for joining the strike after entering the "superannuation period."
The indefinite strike has been called by pro-Left and pro-BJP unions since Monday demanding that the Congress-led UDF government drop its decision to introduce Contributory Pension Scheme for employees joining the service from April this year.
The strike has partly affected functioning of government offices, schools and quasi-government establishments like universities.
According to Kerala Service Rules, the academic staff in the education department could continue in service till March 31 even if they attain the retirement age of 56 after the commencement of the academic year in June.
Union sources said teachers who joined strike during their superannuation period would automatically lose their jobs and the termination order in this regard was just a formality.
Kamala, who was a teacher of St Joseph`s High School, Thalassery, is now on deputation at State Literacy Mission here.
Six other teachers belonging to the pro-CPI(M) Kerala State Teachers Association (KSTA) who joined the strike during the superannuation period would also lose their jobs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read