`Fully satisfied` with metro work, says Chief Minister
Kochi: Work on the 25 km Aluva-Petta first phase stretch of Kochi Metro project will be completed on schedule and government was `fully statisfied` with the work undertaken so far, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said.
Chandy, who visited the Kochi Metro project sites at MG Road, North overbridge, Kaloor, chengampuzha park, Pulinchoodu and DMRC piling yard at nearby Kalamassery, told reporters that he was `fully statisfied` with the work. Seeing the pace of the work in the 141 days which are over, the target of completing the first phase in 1095 days would be achieved, he said.
The director board of the Kochi Metro will hold a review meeting here on Oct 31 and all pending issues would be sorted out, chandy said.
On extension of the Metro project to Nedumbassery airport and Tripunithura, he said the government was taking a positive stand on these pleas. But the thrust now would be on completing the Aluva-Pettah stretch as per schedule.
Work on the Edapally flyover will be begin soon. The piling work will begin in a week`s time, he said.
The government was also taking keen interest in another dream project-- Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode monorail project, which was also being undertaken by DMRC under the supervision of its advisor E Sreedharan. Re-tendering process will begin in three months time, he said.
E Sreedharan, who was also present, said the Metro work was going as per schedule. Since the last two months, due to rains there were some issues. The pile cap and pier work is behind schedule by one and half months while pile driving was on schedule, he said.
When pointed that Vytilla-Petta land acquisition had been delayed, he said all issues would be sorted out Oct 31 meeting.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray