Girl raped by brother, friend in Kerela
Kasaragod: In yet another incident of sexual abuse of minors by their kin in Kerala, a 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her brother and his friend over the last two years.
Both of them, hailing from Pavoor in Kasargod district, have been taken into custody, police said.
They said the girl had also been taken to various places in Karnataka and raped.
The incident came to light when the girl was questioned by police recently after she was found in a hotel here along with four others late at night.
More persons are suspected to be involved and a detailed investigation has already begun, police said.
Kerala has been witness to such incidents over the last few weeks, the first being of a 17-year-old girl allegedly raped by her father and seven others at Paravoor in Ernakulam district over the last one year.
In another incident from that district, a six-year-old girl was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after she was forced to drink alcohol. The man is absconding.
At Dharmadom in Thalassery in Kannur district, a 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her father, 15-year-old brother and uncles for nearly two years. One of the accused died recently.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report