Govt not sincere in evicting encroachers: KPCC
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Pradesh Congress
Committee (KPCC) today termed as a farce the LDF Government`s
latest effort to evict activists of pro-CPI-M Adivasi
Samrakshna Samithi who encroahced private lands in Waynad.
Addressing a press conference at the KPCC Headquarters
here, Party State President Ramesh Chennithala said the effort
yesterday was only to hoodwink the people.
The government`s failure to implement the high court and
Supreme Court orders on the issue would result in collapse of
law and order situation in the state, Chennithala said.
A probe should be conducted on reports that policemen on
duty were drunk, Chennithala said.
Strongly condemning the campus violence unleashed at CMS
college, Kottayam, allegedly by Students Federation of India
(SFI), the student wing of CPI-M, Chennithala said police
were mute witnesses to the attack by SFI activists at the
The College incurred loss to a tune of Rs. five lakh in
the attack, Chennithala said quoting college authorities.
KPCC wanted the government to extend all rank list of
Public Service Commission to help the unemployed youths.
Expressing concern over the spread of different types of
fever in the state, the party requested the state to take
necessary preventive steps to combat fever and also make
available enough medicines and doctors to treat the affected
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics