Govt, Oppn in Kerala resent diesel price hike
Thiruvananthapuram: Criticising the diesel price hike, the Congress-led UDF Government as well as CPI(M)-led LDF opposition combine in Kerala Friday said it could lead to a further bout of price rise in the state which depends heavily on neighbours for its needs.
The LDF and BJP gave separate calls for dawn-to-dusk hartal tomorrow to protest the decision and demanded roll-back of the hike.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the Centre should have avoided the hike and wanted at least partial withdrawal of the increase.
"If it is difficult to completely roll back the increase, the Centre should at least reduce the hike," Chandy said in Kochi.
The LDF leaders said the hike amounted to a "declaration of war on people."
In many parts of the state, youth outfits of CPI(M), CPI and BJP took out protest marches immediately after the decision was announced.
Associations of bus and truck operators demanded hike in fares holding that they would not able to maintain their operations at the current rates in the wake of the diesel price hike.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog