HC comes down on misuse of PIL
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday criticised the misuse of Public Interest Litigations (PIL)s by litigants.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and justice Vinod Chandran criticised the petitioner Shelson Antony who approached the court seeking implementation of the Convention Centre project of the Lulu Group at Bolghatty.
The Lulu group had recently announced that they were withdrawing from the proposed project, which was to come up in a 20 acre area leased from the Cochin Port for 30 years following criticisms from the CPI(M)`s Ernakulam unit.
The bench orally observed that this was not a bonafide PIL. The intention of the petitioner is very clear.
The court also said though the petitioner sought to withdraw the PIL, the bench did not allow him to do so.
The judges cautioned the petitioner that heavy cost will be imposed in such cases come up before the court.
Earlier also there was attempt to withdraw cases after publishing the contents of PIL in media.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling