HC stays construction work at Aranmula airport
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Monday stayed for two weeks the construction activities of the proposed international airport at Aranmula in Pathanamthitta district.
The interim stay order was issued by Justice N K Balakrishnan on a petition by "Aranmula Paitrika Karma Samithi" represented by Kummanam Rajeshakaran.
Earlier, the Taluk land board had found that the proposed land, identified for the airport, was an excess land.
Challenging this, the KGS Group approached the high court and the court had stayed the land board proceedings.
The petitioner contended that while stay was pending, there were chances to start construction activities of the airport.
The KGS Aranmula International Airport Ltd is developing the first private International greenfield airport in India at a cost of Rs 2000 crore in a 700 acre land.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre