High alert across Kerala after Osama killing
Thiruvananthapuram: Police have directed the
force to be extra vigilant and take suitable steps to check
law and order situation in the state in the wake of killing of
world`s most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden.
A general alert had been issued to maintain law and order
situation, police said.
The police direction follows a general alert issued
earlier in the day by the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
following bin Laden`s killing by US special force`s commandos
in Abbottabad in Pakistan today.
Security has also been tightened in all the three airports
in the state, sources said.
Airport officials earlier in the day said at Nedumbassery
airport near Kochi, the security at all entry points would be
strengthened, passengers thoroughly checked and ladder-point
checking would also be introduced.
Cargo movements would be thoroughly checked, they said.
Police, Intelligence Bureau, Central Industrial Security Force
have been alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand