High alert across Kerala after Osama killing
Thiruvananthapuram: Police have directed the
force to be extra vigilant and take suitable steps to check
law and order situation in the state in the wake of killing of
world`s most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden.
A general alert had been issued to maintain law and order
situation, police said.
The police direction follows a general alert issued
earlier in the day by the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
following bin Laden`s killing by US special force`s commandos
in Abbottabad in Pakistan today.
Security has also been tightened in all the three airports
in the state, sources said.
Airport officials earlier in the day said at Nedumbassery
airport near Kochi, the security at all entry points would be
strengthened, passengers thoroughly checked and ladder-point
checking would also be introduced.
Cargo movements would be thoroughly checked, they said.
Police, Intelligence Bureau, Central Industrial Security Force
have been alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred