High alert across Kerala after Osama killing
Thiruvananthapuram: Police have directed the
force to be extra vigilant and take suitable steps to check
law and order situation in the state in the wake of killing of
world`s most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden.
A general alert had been issued to maintain law and order
situation, police said.
The police direction follows a general alert issued
earlier in the day by the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security
following bin Laden`s killing by US special force`s commandos
in Abbottabad in Pakistan today.
Security has also been tightened in all the three airports
in the state, sources said.
Airport officials earlier in the day said at Nedumbassery
airport near Kochi, the security at all entry points would be
strengthened, passengers thoroughly checked and ladder-point
checking would also be introduced.
Cargo movements would be thoroughly checked, they said.
Police, Intelligence Bureau, Central Industrial Security Force
have been alerted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing