Indian Union Muslim League leader behind case against me: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid the Congress-led UDF Government`s move to prosecute former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in a "land gift" case, the CPI-M stalwart on Wednesday alleged that IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty was behind the attempts to frame him in the case.
"This is part of the revenge being wreaked by Kunhalikutty for my legal battles against him," the 88-year-old leader said, reacting to the Government`s plans to seek the Governor`s sanction to file charge sheet against him.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a piece of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
Asserting that he would face the concerted moves against him boldly, Achuthanandan also accused Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of backing the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader`s "vengeful designs."
Achuthanandan, now the opposition leader in the state assembly,was apparently alluding to the "ice cream parlour" sex scam case he had been pursuing for long.
The nearly 15-year-old-year case pertains to the use of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode as a front for sexual exploitation of women. Though Kunhalikutty`s name had often come up in connection with the scam, he had never figured as an accused in the case.
However, Achuthanandan had approached the court seeking re-investigation of the case against the backdrop of certain allegations made by a relative of Kunhalikutty some time back.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview