Indian Union Muslim League leader behind case against me: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid the Congress-led UDF Government`s move to prosecute former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in a "land gift" case, the CPI-M stalwart on Wednesday alleged that IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty was behind the attempts to frame him in the case.
"This is part of the revenge being wreaked by Kunhalikutty for my legal battles against him," the 88-year-old leader said, reacting to the Government`s plans to seek the Governor`s sanction to file charge sheet against him.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a piece of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
Asserting that he would face the concerted moves against him boldly, Achuthanandan also accused Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of backing the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader`s "vengeful designs."
Achuthanandan, now the opposition leader in the state assembly,was apparently alluding to the "ice cream parlour" sex scam case he had been pursuing for long.
The nearly 15-year-old-year case pertains to the use of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode as a front for sexual exploitation of women. Though Kunhalikutty`s name had often come up in connection with the scam, he had never figured as an accused in the case.
However, Achuthanandan had approached the court seeking re-investigation of the case against the backdrop of certain allegations made by a relative of Kunhalikutty some time back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack