Indian Union Muslim League leader behind case against me: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid the Congress-led UDF Government`s move to prosecute former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in a "land gift" case, the CPI-M stalwart on Wednesday alleged that IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty was behind the attempts to frame him in the case.
"This is part of the revenge being wreaked by Kunhalikutty for my legal battles against him," the 88-year-old leader said, reacting to the Government`s plans to seek the Governor`s sanction to file charge sheet against him.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a piece of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
Asserting that he would face the concerted moves against him boldly, Achuthanandan also accused Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of backing the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader`s "vengeful designs."
Achuthanandan, now the opposition leader in the state assembly,was apparently alluding to the "ice cream parlour" sex scam case he had been pursuing for long.
The nearly 15-year-old-year case pertains to the use of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode as a front for sexual exploitation of women. Though Kunhalikutty`s name had often come up in connection with the scam, he had never figured as an accused in the case.
However, Achuthanandan had approached the court seeking re-investigation of the case against the backdrop of certain allegations made by a relative of Kunhalikutty some time back.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!