Indian Union Muslim League leader behind case against me: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid the Congress-led UDF Government`s move to prosecute former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan in a "land gift" case, the CPI-M stalwart on Wednesday alleged that IUML leader and state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty was behind the attempts to frame him in the case.
"This is part of the revenge being wreaked by Kunhalikutty for my legal battles against him," the 88-year-old leader said, reacting to the Government`s plans to seek the Governor`s sanction to file charge sheet against him.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a piece of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
Asserting that he would face the concerted moves against him boldly, Achuthanandan also accused Chief Minister Oommen Chandy of backing the Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) leader`s "vengeful designs."
Achuthanandan, now the opposition leader in the state assembly,was apparently alluding to the "ice cream parlour" sex scam case he had been pursuing for long.
The nearly 15-year-old-year case pertains to the use of an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode as a front for sexual exploitation of women. Though Kunhalikutty`s name had often come up in connection with the scam, he had never figured as an accused in the case.
However, Achuthanandan had approached the court seeking re-investigation of the case against the backdrop of certain allegations made by a relative of Kunhalikutty some time back.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh