Indian worker dies while saving colleagues in UAE
Dubai: A 40-year-old Indian national died
in Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE, while trying to save his
co-workers who were trapped in an underground water storage
tank at a construction site.
Padmanabhan Palliyath Panayamthattam was knocked
unconscious when he fell down while trying to pull out two men
from the water tank on December 13 and died in hospital soon
after, the Emirates 24/7 reported today.
He had been working with the Asqalan Construction and
Development Est for the last 14 years and was a labour
supervisor at the site when the incident happened on December
13, the report said.
Latheesh Nair, a relative, said the deceased`s wife
Roopa, who is in India, was informed of the incident only
yesterday and has since been admitted to hospital.
The couple has two children, a four-year-old boy
Vyshnav and a baby boy Partheev.
His family is trying to repatriate the body while the
police awaits the forensic report to give clearance, it said.
"It is almost a week since the incident took place but
the body is still in the mortuary at the hospital. The police
say they are waiting for the forensic report from the doctor.
We are hoping to send the body to India in a day or two," Nair
said, adding the death was caused by inhaling carbon monoxide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?