Indian worker dies while saving colleagues in UAE
Dubai: A 40-year-old Indian national died
in Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE, while trying to save his
co-workers who were trapped in an underground water storage
tank at a construction site.
Padmanabhan Palliyath Panayamthattam was knocked
unconscious when he fell down while trying to pull out two men
from the water tank on December 13 and died in hospital soon
after, the Emirates 24/7 reported today.
He had been working with the Asqalan Construction and
Development Est for the last 14 years and was a labour
supervisor at the site when the incident happened on December
13, the report said.
Latheesh Nair, a relative, said the deceased`s wife
Roopa, who is in India, was informed of the incident only
yesterday and has since been admitted to hospital.
The couple has two children, a four-year-old boy
Vyshnav and a baby boy Partheev.
His family is trying to repatriate the body while the
police awaits the forensic report to give clearance, it said.
"It is almost a week since the incident took place but
the body is still in the mortuary at the hospital. The police
say they are waiting for the forensic report from the doctor.
We are hoping to send the body to India in a day or two," Nair
said, adding the death was caused by inhaling carbon monoxide.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi