Investigation in land gift case against Achuthanandan over
Kochi: Kerala High Court was on Wednesday informed that investigation in the land assignment case against CPI(M) veteran and former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan has been completed and charge sheet would be filed soon.
Advocate General K P Dandapani made the submission while the court was considering an appeal filed by one Jijo Mathew, who sought a direction to Home Secretary to handover the vigilance case to CBI for filing final report.
The Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and A M Shafique directed the government to file a statement with regard to the present status of the case.
Mathew filed the appeal after his petition seeking CBI probe was dismissed by a single bench. The petitioner contended that there is `no fair or impartial` investigation in the case. The present investigation was `highly biased` and at the time of registering FIR, top IAS officers were included as accused and prima facie case made against them. Now, they have been deleted purposefully to `defeat administration of justice`.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news