Investigation in land gift case against Achuthanandan over
Kochi: Kerala High Court was on Wednesday informed that investigation in the land assignment case against CPI(M) veteran and former Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan has been completed and charge sheet would be filed soon.
Advocate General K P Dandapani made the submission while the court was considering an appeal filed by one Jijo Mathew, who sought a direction to Home Secretary to handover the vigilance case to CBI for filing final report.
The Bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and A M Shafique directed the government to file a statement with regard to the present status of the case.
Mathew filed the appeal after his petition seeking CBI probe was dismissed by a single bench. The petitioner contended that there is `no fair or impartial` investigation in the case. The present investigation was `highly biased` and at the time of registering FIR, top IAS officers were included as accused and prima facie case made against them. Now, they have been deleted purposefully to `defeat administration of justice`.
The case against Achuthanandan pertains to alleged violation of norms while allotting a 2.33 acres of land to T K Soman, an ex-serviceman and his relative, in Kasaragod district when he was Chief Minister heading the previous LDF ministry.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'