IPS officer suspended in Kerala
Thiruvananthapuram: Joint Director of Police Academy, DIG S Sreejith, has been suspended from service for his alleged connection with controversial businessman K S Rauf, estranged relative of Kerala Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty, official sources said on Tuesday.
Director General of Police K S Balasubramanian had recommended suspension of Sreejith based on a inquiry conducted by Thrissur Range IG S Gopinath, sources at the Chief Minister`s office said.
The charge against Sreejith was that he tried to frame Malappuram DYSP, who took a case against Rauf, in a bribery case and also helped Rauf take over a property owned by a Malayalee at Kudagu in Karnataka, they said.
After falling out with Kunhalikutty, Rauf had made certain fresh allegations in the `ice cream parlour sex scandal` in January last year. He had alleged that Kunhalikutty had asked several key witnesses in the case to turn hostile and had offered them pecuniary benefits.
The scandal pertains to allegations that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode district was used as a cover for running a sex racket in the late 1990s. Though Kunhalikutty never became an accused in the case, he had come under a cloud in the wake of the scandal and even had to quit the ministry then.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal