JD(S) in Kerala to become Socialist Janatha (Democratic)
Thiruvananthpuram: Janata Dal (S) in Kerala led
by MP Veerendrakumar, a constituent of the Congress-led UDF,
will be renamed as Socialist Janatha (Democratic) at a special
meeting to be held at Thrissur on August 7.
The party will adopt a new flag and constitution at the
meeting, seeking to build a re-unified platform of democratic
socialists, the party`s senior vice-president Dr Varughese
George said here.
Veteran Kannada writer and socialist Dr U R Ananthamurthy
would hand over the new flag to Veerendrakumar at the venue
at Thekkinkad Maidan, named after stalwart Indian Socialist
movement Dr Ram Manohar Lohia.
Resolutions highlighting the party`s perceptions on
political,economic, education and organisational aspects would
be discussed and adopted by the meeting.
"The declaration of the party would be a major step towards
bringing the socialists of the country on a single platform",
George said in a statement.
The party would aim at emerging as a major political force
by mobilising masses against invasion of big industrial
corporates on the natural assets, he said.
For long a partner in the CPI(M)-led LDF, JD (S) parted
ways with the coalition on the eve of the last Lok Sabha
polls after it was denied the Kozhikode parliament seat,
which was earlier contested and won by Veerendrakumar.
The party later became a component of the UDF.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31