Kerala engineer dies in Nigerian air crash
Kochi: Rijo Eldos, a young computer engineer hailing from Neriamangalam in Idukki district of Kerala, was one of the 153 victims who was on the Nigerian airplane that crashed on Sunday in the densely populated city of Lagos.
According to his family here, Eldos was travelling from Abuja to Lagos to take part in a company meeting. He was working with Reddington Nigeria.
The family is hoping that they will be able to get his body back soon. Eldos was supposed to come home for vacation in under two months, according to family sources.
The Dana Air flight crashed into a building in downtown Lagos that set three houses afire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?