Kerala HC turns down Achuthanandan`s plea for early hearing
Kochi: The Kerala High Court on Monday turned down the plea of veteran Marxist leader VS Achuthanandan for an early hearing of his plea for CBI probe in the `Ice Cream Parlour sabotage case`, and posted it after May 23.
A division bench comprising Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice Vinod Chandran refused Achuthanandan`s plea and posted the case after vacation.
Achuthanandan, meanwhile, filed 25 additional documents in the case, claiming that they would show that investigation was faulty, Special Investigation Team had acted with "pre-conceived notion and deliberate bias" and had "miserably failed" to book the guilty parties.
The petitioner had approached the court seeking a CBI probe into a case registered on the basis of claims by a relative of state minister PK Kunhalikutty that he had tried to influence witnesses in the `ice cream parlour sex scandal`.
He had filed a memo requesting posting of the case on March 25 as a senior counsel from Delhi had been engaged for appearing in the High Court.
The sex scandal had rocked Kerala in the late 1990s when it came to light that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was being used to lure women into prostitution. There were allegations about Kunhalikutty`s involvement in the case but he did not figure as accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?