Kerala legislator stabbed
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) legislator Abdusamad Samadani suffered a stab wound on Friday after a person attacked him with a knife at his home.
IUML Lok Sabha member ET Mohammed Basheer told reporters the injury is not serious and he has suffered a cut near his nose. He has been hospitalised.
"The legislator was acting as a mediator between two groups over a dispute at a mosque... Today (Friday) morning there was a round of talks and after that everyone left. But one person returned and said that he needs to speak to the legislator again."
"He suddenly drew out a knife and attacked the legislator," said Basheer.
The attacker was overpowered and handed over to the police.
The legislator was taken to a nearby hospital where he is convalescing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog