Kerala legislator stabbed
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) legislator Abdusamad Samadani suffered a stab wound on Friday after a person attacked him with a knife at his home.
IUML Lok Sabha member ET Mohammed Basheer told reporters the injury is not serious and he has suffered a cut near his nose. He has been hospitalised.
"The legislator was acting as a mediator between two groups over a dispute at a mosque... Today (Friday) morning there was a round of talks and after that everyone left. But one person returned and said that he needs to speak to the legislator again."
"He suddenly drew out a knife and attacked the legislator," said Basheer.
The attacker was overpowered and handed over to the police.
The legislator was taken to a nearby hospital where he is convalescing.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad