Kerala legislator stabbed
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) legislator Abdusamad Samadani suffered a stab wound on Friday after a person attacked him with a knife at his home.
IUML Lok Sabha member ET Mohammed Basheer told reporters the injury is not serious and he has suffered a cut near his nose. He has been hospitalised.
"The legislator was acting as a mediator between two groups over a dispute at a mosque... Today (Friday) morning there was a round of talks and after that everyone left. But one person returned and said that he needs to speak to the legislator again."
"He suddenly drew out a knife and attacked the legislator," said Basheer.
The attacker was overpowered and handed over to the police.
The legislator was taken to a nearby hospital where he is convalescing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown