Kerala legislator stabbed
Malappuram: Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) legislator Abdusamad Samadani suffered a stab wound on Friday after a person attacked him with a knife at his home.
IUML Lok Sabha member ET Mohammed Basheer told reporters the injury is not serious and he has suffered a cut near his nose. He has been hospitalised.
"The legislator was acting as a mediator between two groups over a dispute at a mosque... Today (Friday) morning there was a round of talks and after that everyone left. But one person returned and said that he needs to speak to the legislator again."
"He suddenly drew out a knife and attacked the legislator," said Basheer.
The attacker was overpowered and handed over to the police.
The legislator was taken to a nearby hospital where he is convalescing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!