Kerala seeks drought assistance of Rs 7,888 cr
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has sought a financial package of Rs 7,888 crore from the Centre to take up drought-related relief measures in the state.
Official sources said a team from the Centre was convinced about the serious situation prevailing in the state due to drought and promised to make available the maximum amount possible, adhering to Central government norms.
The team was also convinced of the drinking water scarcity in the worst affected Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Kollam, Pathanamthitta districts.
The members today held discussion with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Ministers Adoor Prakash, PJ Joseph and KP Mohanan in the Chief Minister`s chamber in the Assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents