Kerala workers in Oman in limbo over invalid medical papers
Dubai: Some expatriates from Kerala are in for uncertain times in Oman as the medical certificates provided by a centre in the state have been termed invalid by the Gulf Sultanate`s foreign affairs department.
These expats have now approached the Indian embassy in Muscat urging it to alert other Indian migrants not to fall prey to Carino National CT & Diagnostic Centre, which is providing medical certificates despite not being authorised to issue such certificates to Oman visa applicants, a news report said.
The centre`s main office is located in Goa and a branch is operating in Calicut, the Times of Oman report said.
"We landed in trouble by taking certificates from the centre. They made us believe that they have the right to issue medical certificates for visa services. One of the certificates which we sent to Oman was not cleared," Jaison and Sajeev told the newspaper.
"When we enquired about this with the hospital authorities they provided us a new certificate and told us there would be no problem in future. But when we landed here and went to the foreign affairs department, they said that National Hospital is not authorised to issue medical certificates to Oman visa applicants.
All Indian nationals taking up employment in GCC-member countries are required to be examined and issued a medical fitness certificate.
According to the report, when the Muscat-based social workers contacted the centre, they did not get a satisfying reply.
"I called the medic and the centre management. They were not providing us a proper answer. They behaved arrogantly, even though the mistake was made by them," Hussain, a Muscat-based social worker who helped the victims, said.
"We have decided to take up the issue back in India as well. If we don`t stop this centre from issuing certificates, then more and more will be betrayed," Hussain said.
The case has brought to light several instances of such invalid certificates following which the jobseekers have had to spend extra money to get the certificates again.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'