Kerala workers in Oman in limbo over invalid medical papers
Dubai: Some expatriates from Kerala are in for uncertain times in Oman as the medical certificates provided by a centre in the state have been termed invalid by the Gulf Sultanate`s foreign affairs department.
These expats have now approached the Indian embassy in Muscat urging it to alert other Indian migrants not to fall prey to Carino National CT & Diagnostic Centre, which is providing medical certificates despite not being authorised to issue such certificates to Oman visa applicants, a news report said.
The centre`s main office is located in Goa and a branch is operating in Calicut, the Times of Oman report said.
"We landed in trouble by taking certificates from the centre. They made us believe that they have the right to issue medical certificates for visa services. One of the certificates which we sent to Oman was not cleared," Jaison and Sajeev told the newspaper.
"When we enquired about this with the hospital authorities they provided us a new certificate and told us there would be no problem in future. But when we landed here and went to the foreign affairs department, they said that National Hospital is not authorised to issue medical certificates to Oman visa applicants.
All Indian nationals taking up employment in GCC-member countries are required to be examined and issued a medical fitness certificate.
According to the report, when the Muscat-based social workers contacted the centre, they did not get a satisfying reply.
"I called the medic and the centre management. They were not providing us a proper answer. They behaved arrogantly, even though the mistake was made by them," Hussain, a Muscat-based social worker who helped the victims, said.
"We have decided to take up the issue back in India as well. If we don`t stop this centre from issuing certificates, then more and more will be betrayed," Hussain said.
The case has brought to light several instances of such invalid certificates following which the jobseekers have had to spend extra money to get the certificates again.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi