Kerala`s 50,000 teachers to get discounted laptops
Thiruvananthapuram: As many as 50,000 teachers in Kerala will soon be able to buy either a laptop or a netbook computer at a discounted price, according to an official.
The scheme has been initiated by IT@School, the technology arm of the state government`s general education department. Its aim is to empower schools with the latest information communication technology-enabled education, besides implementing e-governance within the education department.
Anwar Sadath, head of IT@School, Saturday said that they are acting as facilitators to help the teachers get computers at a huge discount.
"A laptop will cost Rs 17,770 and a netbook Rs 11,450. The discount comes to as much as 36-37 percent," Sadat said.
According to him, the response has been remarkable. "We expect over 50,000 orders and it would be executed on a first-come-first-serve basis," said Sadath.
Three companies - HCL, RP Infosystems and Wipro - will be supplying the laptops while the first two are contracted to supply the netbook, he added.
"Normally the laptop-netbook and its accessories come with one-year warranty. But our scheme ensures 3-year warranty, including that for the battery and power adapter, which is a unique facility provided to IT@School purchases only," said Sadath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly