Kunhalikutty`s relative Rauf joins INL
Kozhikode: A relative of Kerala Industries
Minister P K Kunhalikutty, who had come out with disclosures
that the IUML leader had allegedly tried to influence
witnesses in the ice cream parlour sex scandal case, has
decided to join the Indian National League party.
"This field is something new in which I have no
experience," K A Rauf told reporters.
Asked if he had got blessing from Opposition leader
V S Achuthanandan for his entry into politics, Rauf said he
had mentioned his decision to Achuthandandan sometime ago.
Just before the Kerala assembly elections in April
last, Rauf had come out with revelations that Kunhalikutty
had allegedly scuttled the sex scandal case by influencing the
victims and witnesses to retract their statement in the case.
The scandal had rocked Kerala in the late 1990s when it
came to light that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was
being used to lure women into prostitution. There were
allegations about Kunhalikutty`s involvement in the case, but
he did not figure as accused in the case.
Present at the press meet was P V Hamza, a leader of the
National Secular Conference, who had quit it, to join INL.
Hamza was NSC State Vice-President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional