Kunhalikutty`s relative Rauf joins INL
Kozhikode: A relative of Kerala Industries
Minister P K Kunhalikutty, who had come out with disclosures
that the IUML leader had allegedly tried to influence
witnesses in the ice cream parlour sex scandal case, has
decided to join the Indian National League party.
"This field is something new in which I have no
experience," K A Rauf told reporters.
Asked if he had got blessing from Opposition leader
V S Achuthanandan for his entry into politics, Rauf said he
had mentioned his decision to Achuthandandan sometime ago.
Just before the Kerala assembly elections in April
last, Rauf had come out with revelations that Kunhalikutty
had allegedly scuttled the sex scandal case by influencing the
victims and witnesses to retract their statement in the case.
The scandal had rocked Kerala in the late 1990s when it
came to light that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was
being used to lure women into prostitution. There were
allegations about Kunhalikutty`s involvement in the case, but
he did not figure as accused in the case.
Present at the press meet was P V Hamza, a leader of the
National Secular Conference, who had quit it, to join INL.
Hamza was NSC State Vice-President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?