LPG tanker explosion toll touches 14 in Kerela
Kannur (Ker): With three more persons, including a woman, succumbing to burns Saturday, the toll in Monday`s LPG tanker lorry explosion here rose to 14.
One victim died at a private hospital in neighbouring Kozhikode district while others died at a medical college hospital here, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, they said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala near here on August 27. Forty-five houses, 40 shops and 11 vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and some of his ministerial colleagues had yesterday visited the injured and the houses of those died.
Chandy had announced free medical treatment to those injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!