LPG tanker explosion toll touches 14 in Kerela
Kannur (Ker): With three more persons, including a woman, succumbing to burns Saturday, the toll in Monday`s LPG tanker lorry explosion here rose to 14.
One victim died at a private hospital in neighbouring Kozhikode district while others died at a medical college hospital here, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, they said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala near here on August 27. Forty-five houses, 40 shops and 11 vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and some of his ministerial colleagues had yesterday visited the injured and the houses of those died.
Chandy had announced free medical treatment to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment