LPG tanker explosion toll touches 14 in Kerela
Kannur (Ker): With three more persons, including a woman, succumbing to burns Saturday, the toll in Monday`s LPG tanker lorry explosion here rose to 14.
One victim died at a private hospital in neighbouring Kozhikode district while others died at a medical college hospital here, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, they said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala near here on August 27. Forty-five houses, 40 shops and 11 vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and some of his ministerial colleagues had yesterday visited the injured and the houses of those died.
Chandy had announced free medical treatment to those injured.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city