LPG tanker explosion toll touches 14 in Kerela
Kannur (Ker): With three more persons, including a woman, succumbing to burns Saturday, the toll in Monday`s LPG tanker lorry explosion here rose to 14.
One victim died at a private hospital in neighbouring Kozhikode district while others died at a medical college hospital here, police said.
Nine more persons were battling for life with severe burns at different hospitals, they said.
Thirty-five people were injured when the LPG tanker overturned and exploded after hitting a road divider at Chala near here on August 27. Forty-five houses, 40 shops and 11 vehicles were gutted in the resulting huge fire.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and some of his ministerial colleagues had yesterday visited the injured and the houses of those died.
Chandy had announced free medical treatment to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt