M M Mani to abide by party decision
Idukki (Kerala): A day after he was removed as CPI(M)`s Idukki district Secretary for his controversial speech, M M Mani today said he had expected the disciplinary action as he had committed a "mistake".
Mani, however, alleged some local Congress leaders and a section of the media had colluded and "blown his speech out of proportion" and cast him and the party in poor light.
Faced with a huge embarrassment over his speech that the party had in the past drew up a list of political enemies and three of them were eliminated, the CPI(M) state Secretariat yesterday removed Mani from the party post.
A long serving party functionary in the district, Mani, who commands influence over plantation workers and marginal farmers, said he would abide by the party decision.
"I will go by the party`s decision. This is something I expected since I have committed a mistake," he told reporters here.
After his shocking speech, Mani has been slapped with two murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam