M M Mani to abide by party decision
Idukki (Kerala): A day after he was removed as CPI(M)`s Idukki district Secretary for his controversial speech, M M Mani today said he had expected the disciplinary action as he had committed a "mistake".
Mani, however, alleged some local Congress leaders and a section of the media had colluded and "blown his speech out of proportion" and cast him and the party in poor light.
Faced with a huge embarrassment over his speech that the party had in the past drew up a list of political enemies and three of them were eliminated, the CPI(M) state Secretariat yesterday removed Mani from the party post.
A long serving party functionary in the district, Mani, who commands influence over plantation workers and marginal farmers, said he would abide by the party decision.
"I will go by the party`s decision. This is something I expected since I have committed a mistake," he told reporters here.
After his shocking speech, Mani has been slapped with two murder cases.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say