M M Mani to abide by party decision
Idukki (Kerala): A day after he was removed as CPI(M)`s Idukki district Secretary for his controversial speech, M M Mani today said he had expected the disciplinary action as he had committed a "mistake".
Mani, however, alleged some local Congress leaders and a section of the media had colluded and "blown his speech out of proportion" and cast him and the party in poor light.
Faced with a huge embarrassment over his speech that the party had in the past drew up a list of political enemies and three of them were eliminated, the CPI(M) state Secretariat yesterday removed Mani from the party post.
A long serving party functionary in the district, Mani, who commands influence over plantation workers and marginal farmers, said he would abide by the party decision.
"I will go by the party`s decision. This is something I expected since I have committed a mistake," he told reporters here.
After his shocking speech, Mani has been slapped with two murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation