M M Mani to abide by party decision
Idukki (Kerala): A day after he was removed as CPI(M)`s Idukki district Secretary for his controversial speech, M M Mani today said he had expected the disciplinary action as he had committed a "mistake".
Mani, however, alleged some local Congress leaders and a section of the media had colluded and "blown his speech out of proportion" and cast him and the party in poor light.
Faced with a huge embarrassment over his speech that the party had in the past drew up a list of political enemies and three of them were eliminated, the CPI(M) state Secretariat yesterday removed Mani from the party post.
A long serving party functionary in the district, Mani, who commands influence over plantation workers and marginal farmers, said he would abide by the party decision.
"I will go by the party`s decision. This is something I expected since I have committed a mistake," he told reporters here.
After his shocking speech, Mani has been slapped with two murder cases.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees