M M Mani to abide by party decision
Idukki (Kerala): A day after he was removed as CPI(M)`s Idukki district Secretary for his controversial speech, M M Mani today said he had expected the disciplinary action as he had committed a "mistake".
Mani, however, alleged some local Congress leaders and a section of the media had colluded and "blown his speech out of proportion" and cast him and the party in poor light.
Faced with a huge embarrassment over his speech that the party had in the past drew up a list of political enemies and three of them were eliminated, the CPI(M) state Secretariat yesterday removed Mani from the party post.
A long serving party functionary in the district, Mani, who commands influence over plantation workers and marginal farmers, said he would abide by the party decision.
"I will go by the party`s decision. This is something I expected since I have committed a mistake," he told reporters here.
After his shocking speech, Mani has been slapped with two murder cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed