Madani arrives in Kerala to attend daughter`s marriage
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala-based PDP leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case accused Abdul Nasser Madani arrived here tonight after he was permitted by a court to attend his daughter`s marriage on Sunday.
The People`s Democratic Party leader, who arrived here by a flight from the Karnataka capital, was received at the airport by PDP functionaries and workers. Tight security was put in place in and around the airport by police.
Madani was expected to reach here this morning but his arrival was delayed as the authorities in Bangalore could not produce certain papers in time required for armed police personnel to board the morning flight, sources said.
Since morning, a large number of PDP workers gathered at the airport to receive Madani, arrested in August, 2010 from his home town Kollam in connection with the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
The PDP leader would be attending his daughter`s marriage at Kottiyam in Kollam District tomorrow.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted temporary bail for Madani from March 8 to 12 to attend the marriage and visit his sick father in the same city under full police security. He has been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram