Madani arrives in Kerala to attend daughter`s marriage
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala-based PDP leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case accused Abdul Nasser Madani arrived here tonight after he was permitted by a court to attend his daughter`s marriage on Sunday.
The People`s Democratic Party leader, who arrived here by a flight from the Karnataka capital, was received at the airport by PDP functionaries and workers. Tight security was put in place in and around the airport by police.
Madani was expected to reach here this morning but his arrival was delayed as the authorities in Bangalore could not produce certain papers in time required for armed police personnel to board the morning flight, sources said.
Since morning, a large number of PDP workers gathered at the airport to receive Madani, arrested in August, 2010 from his home town Kollam in connection with the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
The PDP leader would be attending his daughter`s marriage at Kottiyam in Kollam District tomorrow.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted temporary bail for Madani from March 8 to 12 to attend the marriage and visit his sick father in the same city under full police security. He has been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day