Madani arrives in Kerala to attend daughter`s marriage
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala-based PDP leader and the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case accused Abdul Nasser Madani arrived here tonight after he was permitted by a court to attend his daughter`s marriage on Sunday.
The People`s Democratic Party leader, who arrived here by a flight from the Karnataka capital, was received at the airport by PDP functionaries and workers. Tight security was put in place in and around the airport by police.
Madani was expected to reach here this morning but his arrival was delayed as the authorities in Bangalore could not produce certain papers in time required for armed police personnel to board the morning flight, sources said.
Since morning, a large number of PDP workers gathered at the airport to receive Madani, arrested in August, 2010 from his home town Kollam in connection with the case relating to the July 2008 blasts that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
The PDP leader would be attending his daughter`s marriage at Kottiyam in Kollam District tomorrow.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted temporary bail for Madani from March 8 to 12 to attend the marriage and visit his sick father in the same city under full police security. He has been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest for his alleged role in the blasts conspiracy.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!