MLA`s resignation: CPM alleges Cong conspiracy
Thiruvananthapuram: Jolted by the resignation
of one of its MLAs from the assembly citing factionalism,
CPI-M in Kerala today alleged it was a result of a conspiracy
led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to protect the UDF
Government, which has a wafer thin majority in the House.
CPI-M State Secretary Pinarayi Vijayan said parlimentary
democracy had been destroyed by Chandy and his followers by
"encouraging" political defection to protect the UDF
Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan alleged the UDF had
`bought` party MLA Selvaraj to gain advantage in the March 17
Piravom assembly by-election.
Denying the CPI-M charge, Chandy said the UDF did not want
to resort to any political machinations to remain in power. In
Piravom also, the front was confident of a comfortable win.
Vijayan charged that Selvaraj was lured with promises that
led to his resignation. The fear of defeat in the Piravom
by-election was also a reason for UDF to "manipulate" the
resignation of Selvaraj, he claimed.
KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala said in Piravom that even
an MLA was not getting protection within the CPI-M. "How can
people vote for such a party?" he asked.
Selvaraj, who represented Neyyattinkara assembly segment
in the district, today resigned from the House saying he was
a victim of `factionalism` in the party.
Announcing his resignation to reporters at Neyyattinkara
Selvaraj said he was "forced" to take the decision after
realising that he would not get "any justice or protection"
from the party leadership.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan