Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Indian Police Service officer Nikhil Kumar, who has also served as Congress Lok Sabha member and Nagaland governor, was on Saturday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Kerala.
Nikhil Kumar was administered the oath of office by Kerala Chief Justice Manjula Chellur at the official residence of the Kerala Governor, Raj Bhavan, here.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, his Cabinet colleagues and numerous invited guests were present on the occasion.
Kumar, 71, was an IPS officer of the 1963 batch who has held positions like the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, besides serving as the director of Indo-Tibetan Border Police and also the National Security Guard.
He represented the Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in the 14th Lok Sabha. His wife Shyama Singh also was a Lok Sabha member from the same constituency.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'