Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Indian Police Service officer Nikhil Kumar, who has also served as Congress Lok Sabha member and Nagaland governor, was on Saturday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Kerala.
Nikhil Kumar was administered the oath of office by Kerala Chief Justice Manjula Chellur at the official residence of the Kerala Governor, Raj Bhavan, here.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, his Cabinet colleagues and numerous invited guests were present on the occasion.
Kumar, 71, was an IPS officer of the 1963 batch who has held positions like the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, besides serving as the director of Indo-Tibetan Border Police and also the National Security Guard.
He represented the Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in the 14th Lok Sabha. His wife Shyama Singh also was a Lok Sabha member from the same constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday