Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Indian Police Service officer Nikhil Kumar, who has also served as Congress Lok Sabha member and Nagaland governor, was on Saturday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Kerala.
Nikhil Kumar was administered the oath of office by Kerala Chief Justice Manjula Chellur at the official residence of the Kerala Governor, Raj Bhavan, here.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, his Cabinet colleagues and numerous invited guests were present on the occasion.
Kumar, 71, was an IPS officer of the 1963 batch who has held positions like the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, besides serving as the director of Indo-Tibetan Border Police and also the National Security Guard.
He represented the Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in the 14th Lok Sabha. His wife Shyama Singh also was a Lok Sabha member from the same constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt