Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Indian Police Service officer Nikhil Kumar, who has also served as Congress Lok Sabha member and Nagaland governor, was on Saturday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Kerala.
Nikhil Kumar was administered the oath of office by Kerala Chief Justice Manjula Chellur at the official residence of the Kerala Governor, Raj Bhavan, here.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, his Cabinet colleagues and numerous invited guests were present on the occasion.
Kumar, 71, was an IPS officer of the 1963 batch who has held positions like the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, besides serving as the director of Indo-Tibetan Border Police and also the National Security Guard.
He represented the Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in the 14th Lok Sabha. His wife Shyama Singh also was a Lok Sabha member from the same constituency.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Philippines` Duterte looking to destroy `Imperial Manila`
- Monsoon special: Steal the show by going bold and beautiful with hairdos
- Brexit will put pressure on global growth: IMF deputy MD
- New survey lists out excuses Indians give to delay marriage – Check out
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi