Nikhil Kumar sworn-in as Kerala Governor
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Indian Police Service officer Nikhil Kumar, who has also served as Congress Lok Sabha member and Nagaland governor, was on Saturday sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Kerala.
Nikhil Kumar was administered the oath of office by Kerala Chief Justice Manjula Chellur at the official residence of the Kerala Governor, Raj Bhavan, here.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, his Cabinet colleagues and numerous invited guests were present on the occasion.
Kumar, 71, was an IPS officer of the 1963 batch who has held positions like the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, besides serving as the director of Indo-Tibetan Border Police and also the National Security Guard.
He represented the Aurangabad Lok Sabha constituency in Bihar in the 14th Lok Sabha. His wife Shyama Singh also was a Lok Sabha member from the same constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak