No question of revoking dies non: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday ruled out revoking the `dies non` (no work, no pay) implemented during the recent state government employees strike but said no action would be taken against those who took part in the stir against the Participatory Pension Scheme.
Chandy, however, said appropriate action would be taken against those involved in criminal and other offences related to the strike.
Government will not adopt a vengeful stand against those who participated in the strike, he told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
On other decisions, he said taking a serious view of the drought situation and spurt in prices of essential commodities, a special cabinet meeting would be convened on January 23 to discuss price rise and drought situation.
Government decided to extend the moratorium on loans taken by farmers in Wayanad till March 31.
Snehapoorvam project of Social welfare department which extends a monthly grant for students from the economically backward families who don’t have parents, has been extended to college level also. College students would get a monthly grant of Rs 1000 under this project
High School and Higher Secondary students are getting a monthly grant of Rs 500 and Rs 750 respectively.
The second phase of Asraya, pet project of UDF Government aimed at betterment of destitutes, will commence soon and it will cover the remaining 30 per cent of the 1000 panchayats.
Administrative sanction has been accorded to make the seaport airport road four lane and Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned for the first phase of the project, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents