No question of revoking dies non: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday ruled out revoking the `dies non` (no work, no pay) implemented during the recent state government employees strike but said no action would be taken against those who took part in the stir against the Participatory Pension Scheme.
Chandy, however, said appropriate action would be taken against those involved in criminal and other offences related to the strike.
Government will not adopt a vengeful stand against those who participated in the strike, he told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
On other decisions, he said taking a serious view of the drought situation and spurt in prices of essential commodities, a special cabinet meeting would be convened on January 23 to discuss price rise and drought situation.
Government decided to extend the moratorium on loans taken by farmers in Wayanad till March 31.
Snehapoorvam project of Social welfare department which extends a monthly grant for students from the economically backward families who don’t have parents, has been extended to college level also. College students would get a monthly grant of Rs 1000 under this project
High School and Higher Secondary students are getting a monthly grant of Rs 500 and Rs 750 respectively.
The second phase of Asraya, pet project of UDF Government aimed at betterment of destitutes, will commence soon and it will cover the remaining 30 per cent of the 1000 panchayats.
Administrative sanction has been accorded to make the seaport airport road four lane and Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned for the first phase of the project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced