No question of revoking dies non: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday ruled out revoking the `dies non` (no work, no pay) implemented during the recent state government employees strike but said no action would be taken against those who took part in the stir against the Participatory Pension Scheme.
Chandy, however, said appropriate action would be taken against those involved in criminal and other offences related to the strike.
Government will not adopt a vengeful stand against those who participated in the strike, he told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
On other decisions, he said taking a serious view of the drought situation and spurt in prices of essential commodities, a special cabinet meeting would be convened on January 23 to discuss price rise and drought situation.
Government decided to extend the moratorium on loans taken by farmers in Wayanad till March 31.
Snehapoorvam project of Social welfare department which extends a monthly grant for students from the economically backward families who don’t have parents, has been extended to college level also. College students would get a monthly grant of Rs 1000 under this project
High School and Higher Secondary students are getting a monthly grant of Rs 500 and Rs 750 respectively.
The second phase of Asraya, pet project of UDF Government aimed at betterment of destitutes, will commence soon and it will cover the remaining 30 per cent of the 1000 panchayats.
Administrative sanction has been accorded to make the seaport airport road four lane and Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned for the first phase of the project, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery