No question of revoking dies non: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday ruled out revoking the `dies non` (no work, no pay) implemented during the recent state government employees strike but said no action would be taken against those who took part in the stir against the Participatory Pension Scheme.
Chandy, however, said appropriate action would be taken against those involved in criminal and other offences related to the strike.
Government will not adopt a vengeful stand against those who participated in the strike, he told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
On other decisions, he said taking a serious view of the drought situation and spurt in prices of essential commodities, a special cabinet meeting would be convened on January 23 to discuss price rise and drought situation.
Government decided to extend the moratorium on loans taken by farmers in Wayanad till March 31.
Snehapoorvam project of Social welfare department which extends a monthly grant for students from the economically backward families who don’t have parents, has been extended to college level also. College students would get a monthly grant of Rs 1000 under this project
High School and Higher Secondary students are getting a monthly grant of Rs 500 and Rs 750 respectively.
The second phase of Asraya, pet project of UDF Government aimed at betterment of destitutes, will commence soon and it will cover the remaining 30 per cent of the 1000 panchayats.
Administrative sanction has been accorded to make the seaport airport road four lane and Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned for the first phase of the project, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!