Plea for rehabilitation package for those returning from Saudi to Kerala
Malappuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Sunday sought the Centre`s help for a rehabilitation package for those returning from Saudi Arabia in the wake of a new labour policy, seeking to reserve 10 per cent jobs for locals, in that country.
Speaking to mediapersons here, Chandy said besides the rehabilitation package, the Centre should also bear the cost of the tickets for those returning from that country.
Chandy, who discussed the matter with Minister of State for External Affairs, E Ahamed, here in connection with a function, also sought the participation of banks on the issue.
Ahamed had yesterday said the Centre would take up next week the issue of a comprehensive compensation package for those returning from Saudi Arabia.
The new labour policy `Nitaqat` is being implemented in Saudi Arabia as part of localisation of jobs in the private sector.
The `Nitaqat` law makes it mandatory for local companies to hire one Saudi national for every 10 migrant workers. There has been widespread perception that the new policy will lead to denial of job opportunities for a large number of Indians, especially from Kerala, working there.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog