Plea for rehabilitation package for those returning from Saudi to Kerala
Malappuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Sunday sought the Centre`s help for a rehabilitation package for those returning from Saudi Arabia in the wake of a new labour policy, seeking to reserve 10 per cent jobs for locals, in that country.
Speaking to mediapersons here, Chandy said besides the rehabilitation package, the Centre should also bear the cost of the tickets for those returning from that country.
Chandy, who discussed the matter with Minister of State for External Affairs, E Ahamed, here in connection with a function, also sought the participation of banks on the issue.
Ahamed had yesterday said the Centre would take up next week the issue of a comprehensive compensation package for those returning from Saudi Arabia.
The new labour policy `Nitaqat` is being implemented in Saudi Arabia as part of localisation of jobs in the private sector.
The `Nitaqat` law makes it mandatory for local companies to hire one Saudi national for every 10 migrant workers. There has been widespread perception that the new policy will lead to denial of job opportunities for a large number of Indians, especially from Kerala, working there.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH