PM on two-day visit to Kerala from today
Kochi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh will arrive here on Monday on a two-day visit to Kerala.
Dr Singh, who arrives at the Naval Airport in Kochi this evening, will later lay the foundation for the integrated expansion project of the BPCL Kochi Refineries at Ambalamugal.
The Prime Minister will on Tuesday formally inaugurate the 11th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas. Dr Singh will later take part in a meeting of the Global Advisory Council of Overseas Indians.
President of the Republic of Mauritius, Rajkeswur Purryag, will be the chief guest at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2013 on January 08-09 and will be honoured with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will be among those addressing the inaugural session. A host of Union Cabinet Ministers will also address the sessions.
President Pranab Mukherjee will address the valedictory function on January 09 and present Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui