PM on two-day visit to Kerala from today
Kochi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh will arrive here on Monday on a two-day visit to Kerala.
Dr Singh, who arrives at the Naval Airport in Kochi this evening, will later lay the foundation for the integrated expansion project of the BPCL Kochi Refineries at Ambalamugal.
The Prime Minister will on Tuesday formally inaugurate the 11th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas. Dr Singh will later take part in a meeting of the Global Advisory Council of Overseas Indians.
President of the Republic of Mauritius, Rajkeswur Purryag, will be the chief guest at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2013 on January 08-09 and will be honoured with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will be among those addressing the inaugural session. A host of Union Cabinet Ministers will also address the sessions.
President Pranab Mukherjee will address the valedictory function on January 09 and present Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use