PM on two-day visit to Kerala from today
Kochi: Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh will arrive here on Monday on a two-day visit to Kerala.
Dr Singh, who arrives at the Naval Airport in Kochi this evening, will later lay the foundation for the integrated expansion project of the BPCL Kochi Refineries at Ambalamugal.
The Prime Minister will on Tuesday formally inaugurate the 11th edition of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas. Dr Singh will later take part in a meeting of the Global Advisory Council of Overseas Indians.
President of the Republic of Mauritius, Rajkeswur Purryag, will be the chief guest at the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2013 on January 08-09 and will be honoured with the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy will be among those addressing the inaugural session. A host of Union Cabinet Ministers will also address the sessions.
President Pranab Mukherjee will address the valedictory function on January 09 and present Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news