Police register case against Kannur MP Sudhakaran
Kannur: Police registered a case against Kannur MP and senior Congress leader K Sudhakaran, for allegedly protesting before a police station demanding the release of a congress leader, who was taken into custody.
The case was registered by Valapattinam police Wednesday night for obstructing functioning of the police official and also threatening them, police said.
Sudhakaran and IUML MLA K M Shaji staged a protest in front of the Valapattinam police station yesterday demanding the release of Kallikodan Ragesh, a Congress leader, who was taken into custody for allegedly threatening an inspector in a case relating to sand transporting.
Sudhakaran and Congress activists alleging that police had beaten up Ragesh, protested and picked up an argument with the police official inside the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez