Police register case against Kannur MP Sudhakaran
Kannur: Police registered a case against Kannur MP and senior Congress leader K Sudhakaran, for allegedly protesting before a police station demanding the release of a congress leader, who was taken into custody.
The case was registered by Valapattinam police Wednesday night for obstructing functioning of the police official and also threatening them, police said.
Sudhakaran and IUML MLA K M Shaji staged a protest in front of the Valapattinam police station yesterday demanding the release of Kallikodan Ragesh, a Congress leader, who was taken into custody for allegedly threatening an inspector in a case relating to sand transporting.
Sudhakaran and Congress activists alleging that police had beaten up Ragesh, protested and picked up an argument with the police official inside the station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani