Police register case against Kannur MP Sudhakaran
Kannur: Police registered a case against Kannur MP and senior Congress leader K Sudhakaran, for allegedly protesting before a police station demanding the release of a congress leader, who was taken into custody.
The case was registered by Valapattinam police Wednesday night for obstructing functioning of the police official and also threatening them, police said.
Sudhakaran and IUML MLA K M Shaji staged a protest in front of the Valapattinam police station yesterday demanding the release of Kallikodan Ragesh, a Congress leader, who was taken into custody for allegedly threatening an inspector in a case relating to sand transporting.
Sudhakaran and Congress activists alleging that police had beaten up Ragesh, protested and picked up an argument with the police official inside the station.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing