Prime accused in Chandrasekharan murder case held
Kozhikode: More than a month after the murder of former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekharan, Kerala Police said they have arrested prime accused TK Rajeesh from a village on the Maharashtra-Goa border.
The accused was brought to Badagara yesterday evening, where the main police investigation team is based, and his statement was recorded.
According to the police, it was Rajeesh who master-minded the murder of Chandrasekharan, a 51-year-old popular local leader in Onchiyam, who was killed May 4 while returning home on his motorcycle.
By now, the total number of people taken into custody in the case has touched 23, which includes nine activists of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).
The police said it was Rajeesh who planned the murder using a gang of seven hired killers. With his arrest, the police also expect to crack a few other murder cases.
A police official said Rajeesh, after Chandrasekharan`s murder, left for Mumbai, where three Keralites provided him shelter. The police have arrested them.
Meanwhile, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said no time frame could set to solve the case.
"This is because in the past it was the party (CPI-M) which handed over the accused whenever a political crime took place. But this time, it is going to be different and the real conspirators of the crime will be rounded up," Chandy told reporters in Kannur.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof