Probe against KGB`s in-law: CM`s directive sent to Home Dept
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Government on Tuesday
set in motion the process on initiating a vigilance probe
into alleged amassing of unporportionate wealth by son-in-
law of former Chief Justice of India K G Balakrishnan.
As part of the procedure, state Home Minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan referred to the Home Secretary the recommendation
made by chief minister V S Achuthanandan yesterday to hold
a probe into allegations against P V Srinijan, a lawyer and
former state vice-president of Youth Congress.
Achuthanandan told reporters that the complaint had been
forwarded to the Home Department and they would be pursuing
the matter urgently with all seriousness.
The complaint seeking vigilance probe against Sreenijan was
made by one Samir from Mattanchery, which, the Chief Minister
forwarded to Home Minister suggesting that it would be
appropriate to hold an inquiry by Vigiance and Anti-
According to Vigilance sources, the next step in the matter
would be examination of various legal aspects of the case
including the question whether Sreenijan would come under
the definition of public servants.
In his complaint based on media reports, Shamieer alleged
that Srinijan had,within a span of four years, purchased flats
and land in prime locations in parts of Ernakulam and Thrissur
districts, presently valued at over Rs seven crore.
Sreenijan, a lawyer and former vice president of Youth
Cognress, had unsuccessfully contested the 2006 assembly polls
from Njarackkal assembly constituency in Ernakulam.
As per the report, Sreenijan`s affidavit to the Election
Commission then had stated that he had a bank balance of Rs
25,000 and no landed property.
CPI-ML demands judicial probe into MLA`s death
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport