Ray of justice is still far off: Abdul Nasser Madani
Kollam (Kerala): Kerala-based Peoples` Democratic Party leader Abdul Nasser Madani, an accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial blast case, on Sunday said he was presently facing a tragic situation as the "ray of justice" still appeared to be far off.
Giving a message during his daughter`s marriage here, Madani, now on a temporary bail, said "I am in a tragic situation where the ray of justice is still far off."
Madani, however, said he was not disappointed or sad, but took it as an opportunity for self-purification as granted by the Almighty.
Stating he was relieved that he had an opportunity to be in the righteous ambience of Kerala from the darkness of the prison cell, Madani said he was not the only person who was being tortured in the world for standing up for justice.
Madani, who had been restrained from talking to media by court while granting bail, said his words need to be considered only as a `Kuthba` (message) during wedding.
Leaders of all prominent parties including the Congress, CPI-M, CPI and Muslim League turned up for the wedding.
Madani arrived here last night after he was permitted by a court to attend his daughter`s marriage.
Security has been tightened in and around the wedding venue at Kottiyam near here.
The trial court in Bangalore on Thursday granted temporary bail for Madani from March 8 to 12 to attend the marriage and visit his sick father in the same city under full police security.
He has been lodged in a Bangalore jail since his arrest in 2010 for his alleged role in the July 2008 blasts, that left one person dead and over 20 injured in Bangalore.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS