Right to service Act to be passed in next session
Thiruvananthapuram: In a major step torwards delivery of government services, Kerala Government would bring a legislation on Right to Service in the assembly session starting on June 13, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Monday.
Addressing a meeting organised in connection with the first anniversary of the Congress led UDF Government, he said Right to Services Act would ensure prompt and speedy delivery of government services to people.
Government departments would also come out with citizen`s charter on various services rendered by them, he said.
Steps had been taken to make Kerala a total `digital state`, by promoting e-governance, he said. As part of the programme, rural areas would be provided with optical fibre broadband system, he said.
With a view to help the welfare pensioners, he said all welfare pensions would be routed through banks with the help of Aadhar cards, he said.
Among other welfare steps, he said the penal interest of poor people who had taken loans from co-operative banks would be waived.
The congress led UDF Government completed one year in office on May 17 last. But, the celebrations were postponed due to the June 2 by-poll from Neyyatinkara Assembly segment.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini