Security tightened at Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple
Thiruvananthapuram: Security has been tightened at
Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple here which shot into fame after
discovery of priceless treasures running into hundreds of
crores of rupees in its secret cellars and underground
As part of the multi-layered CCTV security system, 58 CCTV
cameras would be installed on vital locations in and around
the temple to ensure continuous 24x7 surveillance.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy formally inaugurated
the security system installed at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore at a
function here yesterday.
Speaking on the occasion, Chandy said as assured to Supreme
Court, the state government had provided fool-proof security
to the temple. Work of the security measures to be set up with
a cost of Rs nine crore had already started, he said.
State owned Keltron, that installed the entire system,
would also provide training to police personnel to operate it,
Utradom Thirunal Marthandavarama, head of the Travancore
Royal Family, which manages the temple, DGP Jacob Punnoose
were among those present on the occasion.
The opening of the cellars in the sprawling temple complex,
some of them remaining shut for over a century, has revealed
that they contain invaluable jewels, ornaments, stone-studded
crowns, vessels, platters and many other costly curios,
stashed in them.
The temple`s presiding deity is Lord Vishnu.
The wealth was revealed during an inventory ordered by the
apex court in May, while considering a private petition
demanding greater transparency in temple affairs.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state