Smelly carton triggers scare at Kochi airport
Kochi: There was some chaos and scare at Kerala`s Kochi Airport on Sunday when cargo loaders detected a loosely packed carton containing chemicals with a foul smell emanating from it.
The men loading cargo on to the Kingfisher IT 2482 flight from here to Chennai detected the carton.
"They found a packet with foul smell. It was improperly packed. There were three bottles and it was a chemical sample being sent to a Pondicherry detergent company," Cochin International Airport Ltd Airport director ACK Nair said.
He denied media reports that a fire had broken out in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
"This (incident of loaders finding carton) did not happen inside the aircraft and there was no fire," Nair said.
He said the flight left at the scheduled time.
"We have formed a committee to enquire into what really happened. If there is any lapse on the part of the courier company with regard to careless packing, then we will take action against them," said Nair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands