Smelly carton triggers scare at Kochi airport
Kochi: There was some chaos and scare at Kerala`s Kochi Airport on Sunday when cargo loaders detected a loosely packed carton containing chemicals with a foul smell emanating from it.
The men loading cargo on to the Kingfisher IT 2482 flight from here to Chennai detected the carton.
"They found a packet with foul smell. It was improperly packed. There were three bottles and it was a chemical sample being sent to a Pondicherry detergent company," Cochin International Airport Ltd Airport director ACK Nair said.
He denied media reports that a fire had broken out in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
"This (incident of loaders finding carton) did not happen inside the aircraft and there was no fire," Nair said.
He said the flight left at the scheduled time.
"We have formed a committee to enquire into what really happened. If there is any lapse on the part of the courier company with regard to careless packing, then we will take action against them," said Nair.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video