Smelly carton triggers scare at Kochi airport
Kochi: There was some chaos and scare at Kerala`s Kochi Airport on Sunday when cargo loaders detected a loosely packed carton containing chemicals with a foul smell emanating from it.
The men loading cargo on to the Kingfisher IT 2482 flight from here to Chennai detected the carton.
"They found a packet with foul smell. It was improperly packed. There were three bottles and it was a chemical sample being sent to a Pondicherry detergent company," Cochin International Airport Ltd Airport director ACK Nair said.
He denied media reports that a fire had broken out in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
"This (incident of loaders finding carton) did not happen inside the aircraft and there was no fire," Nair said.
He said the flight left at the scheduled time.
"We have formed a committee to enquire into what really happened. If there is any lapse on the part of the courier company with regard to careless packing, then we will take action against them," said Nair.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users