Solar panel scam: No change in govt, says Antony
Kochi: Coming out in support of Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Congress leader A K Antony Tuesday ruled out any change in the state government on the solar panel scam issue.
Antony said the opposition CPI(M) led Left Democratic Front has been making allegations against the Chief Minster, which has crossed the "lakshman rekha".
"There is no political crisis in the state. None need to think that there will be a change of government`, the Defence Minister, who was in Kerala to attend the funeral of his sister at Alapuzha, told reporters here.
"When the solar allegations cropped up, the government had ordered investigation. Let the investigation be over. There are laws and courts. The investigation process is going on. Now the opposition is unleashing violence and trying to force the Chief Minister to resign. That will not happen. There is no political crisis", he said.
The funeral of Sister Infant Teresa (80), eldest sister of Antony, was conducted yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split