Solar scam: Chandy`s son sends legal notice to BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s son has sent a legal notice to BJP state general secretary K Surendran for making certain "defamatory" statements against him in connection with the solar scam.
Chandy Oommen, a state secretary of the Youth Congress, on Thursday said Surendran`s allegation that he had close association with a solar energy company was totally baseless and defamatory and wanted the BJP leader to tender a public apology to avoid legal action.
"The allegation levelled against me by Surendran at a press conference is defamatory and absurd. He should withdraw the allegation and tender a public apology. If he declines to do so, I will be going ahead with legal action," Oommen said in the notice sent to Surendran through his lawyer.
Oommen said neither he nor any one in his family had any connection with the solar energy company mentioned by the BJP leader.
This was a totally unfounded and irresponsible allegation meant to insult me in public, he added.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of rupees by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief