Solar scam: Chandy`s son sends legal notice to BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s son has sent a legal notice to BJP state general secretary K Surendran for making certain "defamatory" statements against him in connection with the solar scam.
Chandy Oommen, a state secretary of the Youth Congress, on Thursday said Surendran`s allegation that he had close association with a solar energy company was totally baseless and defamatory and wanted the BJP leader to tender a public apology to avoid legal action.
"The allegation levelled against me by Surendran at a press conference is defamatory and absurd. He should withdraw the allegation and tender a public apology. If he declines to do so, I will be going ahead with legal action," Oommen said in the notice sent to Surendran through his lawyer.
Oommen said neither he nor any one in his family had any connection with the solar energy company mentioned by the BJP leader.
This was a totally unfounded and irresponsible allegation meant to insult me in public, he added.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of rupees by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings
- From Kanpur to Varanasi in 10 days: 11-year-old Shraddha Shukla attempts 550 km swim in raging Ganga
- Doha airport brings in passenger tax
- Jason Gillespie to leave Yorkshire at end of season
- Myanmar holds unique position in India's neighbourhood, says PM Narendra Modi