Solar scam: Chandy`s son sends legal notice to BJP
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s son has sent a legal notice to BJP state general secretary K Surendran for making certain "defamatory" statements against him in connection with the solar scam.
Chandy Oommen, a state secretary of the Youth Congress, on Thursday said Surendran`s allegation that he had close association with a solar energy company was totally baseless and defamatory and wanted the BJP leader to tender a public apology to avoid legal action.
"The allegation levelled against me by Surendran at a press conference is defamatory and absurd. He should withdraw the allegation and tender a public apology. If he declines to do so, I will be going ahead with legal action," Oommen said in the notice sent to Surendran through his lawyer.
Oommen said neither he nor any one in his family had any connection with the solar energy company mentioned by the BJP leader.
This was a totally unfounded and irresponsible allegation meant to insult me in public, he added.
The scam pertains to alleged cheating of several persons to the tune of crores of rupees by Saritha Nair and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan by offering solar panel solutions.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok