Soofiya granted permission to leave Ernakulam district
Kochi: The CBI Special Court, Ernakulam, which
is considering terror-related cases in Kerala, on Thursday granted
relaxation in the bail conditions of Soofiya Madhani, wife of
PDP leader Abdul Nasar Madhani, an accused in the Tamil Nadu
Bus burning case in 2005.
Soofiya whould inform officials of National Investigation
Agency (NIA) about her whereabouts and activities, the court
The court also directed Soofiya not to try to influence or
intimidate prosecution witnesses and not do anything which will
cause burden to the investigation.
Earlier, the Ernakulam Sessions court had granted soofiya
conditional bail after her arrest in December last. The court
had directed her not to leave Ernakulam district and appear
before investigating officials as and when required.
Soofiya in her petition had sought relaxation of the bail
conditions to enable her to visit her ailing husband who is in
Thiruvananthapuram and her mother.
Soofiya was listed as the 10th accused in the case in
which a Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus was torched
at Kalamassery near here in September 2005 to protest against
Madani`s detention in Coimbatore jail over the Coimbatore
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory