Soofiya granted permission to leave Ernakulam district
Kochi: The CBI Special Court, Ernakulam, which
is considering terror-related cases in Kerala, on Thursday granted
relaxation in the bail conditions of Soofiya Madhani, wife of
PDP leader Abdul Nasar Madhani, an accused in the Tamil Nadu
Bus burning case in 2005.
Soofiya whould inform officials of National Investigation
Agency (NIA) about her whereabouts and activities, the court
The court also directed Soofiya not to try to influence or
intimidate prosecution witnesses and not do anything which will
cause burden to the investigation.
Earlier, the Ernakulam Sessions court had granted soofiya
conditional bail after her arrest in December last. The court
had directed her not to leave Ernakulam district and appear
before investigating officials as and when required.
Soofiya in her petition had sought relaxation of the bail
conditions to enable her to visit her ailing husband who is in
Thiruvananthapuram and her mother.
Soofiya was listed as the 10th accused in the case in
which a Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus was torched
at Kalamassery near here in September 2005 to protest against
Madani`s detention in Coimbatore jail over the Coimbatore
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues