Three more PFI activists arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: Three more activists of Popular Front of India (PFI), a radical outfit, were arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 17.
Those arrested yesterday by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the case were Rashid(30), Mahin Kutty(35) and Anas(29), police said toady.
Rashid and Mahin Kutty were reportedly indulged in an earlier attempt to assault the lecturer TJ Joseph. Anas was charged for the conspiracy, they said.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
A court in Kerala had last week ordered attachment of property of Nasser, a PFI activist and one of the main accused in the case.
The SIT had issued lookout notice against Nasser, who is absconding.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH