Three more PFI activists arrested in lecturer attack case
Aluva: Three more activists of Popular Front of India (PFI), a radical outfit, were arrested in connection with the July 4 attack on a lecturer, whose right hand was chopped off for allegedly preparing an inflammatory question paper.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case has gone up to 17.
Those arrested yesterday by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the case were Rashid(30), Mahin Kutty(35) and Anas(29), police said toady.
Rashid and Mahin Kutty were reportedly indulged in an earlier attempt to assault the lecturer TJ Joseph. Anas was charged for the conspiracy, they said.
Joseph was attacked by suspected PFI activists for preparing a question paper which allegedly had derogatory references to Prophet Mohammed.
A court in Kerala had last week ordered attachment of property of Nasser, a PFI activist and one of the main accused in the case.
The SIT had issued lookout notice against Nasser, who is absconding.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India