Youth killed, TMC blames CPI-M
Howrah: Violence broke out in Liluah town of the district after a youth, claimed by Trinamool Congress as its member, was stabbed to death by some unidentified persons, with the party alleging that he was killed by CPI(M) cadres.
The youth was allegedly stabbed by unknown persons last night after a peace march by TMC and he died after being rushed to the hospital, police said today.
One person was arrested in connection with the killing, police said but did not comment on the party loyalty of the youth or the attackers.
Following the stabbing, two houses, a garage and several cars were set ablaze in the locality which the CPI-M alleged was the handiwork of the TMC.
Meanwhile, TMC general secretary and MP Mukul Roy visited the family of the youth, identified as Bapan Das during the day and alleged that the murder was pre-planned.
He was accompanied by Agriculture Marketing Minister Arup Roy and Irrigation Minister Rajib Banerjee.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks