Youth killed, TMC blames CPI-M
Howrah: Violence broke out in Liluah town of the district after a youth, claimed by Trinamool Congress as its member, was stabbed to death by some unidentified persons, with the party alleging that he was killed by CPI(M) cadres.
The youth was allegedly stabbed by unknown persons last night after a peace march by TMC and he died after being rushed to the hospital, police said today.
One person was arrested in connection with the killing, police said but did not comment on the party loyalty of the youth or the attackers.
Following the stabbing, two houses, a garage and several cars were set ablaze in the locality which the CPI-M alleged was the handiwork of the TMC.
Meanwhile, TMC general secretary and MP Mukul Roy visited the family of the youth, identified as Bapan Das during the day and alleged that the murder was pre-planned.
He was accompanied by Agriculture Marketing Minister Arup Roy and Irrigation Minister Rajib Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video