29th anniversary of Bhopal Gas tragedy observed
Bhopal: Bhopal was observing the 29th anniversary of the 1984 gas tragedy on Tuesday.
On the intervening night of December 2 and 3, 1984, several hundred people were killed and scores of people were maimed for life when MIC gas was leaked from the Union Carbide pesticide plant.
Several programmes are being organised to mark the occasion, including an all-religion prayer meeting at the Barkatullah Bhawan to pay homage to the victims of one of the country`s worst industrial disasters.
Non-government organisations will take out rallies to bolster their struggle for justice to gas victims.
Several organisations took out torch rallies and renewed pledge to continue fighting for justice last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand