29th anniversary of Bhopal Gas tragedy observed
Bhopal: Bhopal was observing the 29th anniversary of the 1984 gas tragedy on Tuesday.
On the intervening night of December 2 and 3, 1984, several hundred people were killed and scores of people were maimed for life when MIC gas was leaked from the Union Carbide pesticide plant.
Several programmes are being organised to mark the occasion, including an all-religion prayer meeting at the Barkatullah Bhawan to pay homage to the victims of one of the country`s worst industrial disasters.
Non-government organisations will take out rallies to bolster their struggle for justice to gas victims.
Several organisations took out torch rallies and renewed pledge to continue fighting for justice last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family