36 kg gold, Rs 401 cr for Sai temple in 2011
Shirdi: The famous Shirdi Saibaba
shrine in Maharashtra`s Ahmednagar district has received 36 kg
of gold and Rs 401 crore in cash towards donations in year
2011, a top official said on Wednesday.
The offerings are at least 20 percent higher compared
to year 2010, he said.
"The Trust received 36 kg of gold which is almost
fifteen percent more than 31 kg it had received in 2010.
Similarly, 440 kg of silver was offered to the shrine in the
year gone by compared to 320 kg of silver in 2010," Shirdi
Saibaba Trust Executive Officer Kishore More said.
Even the cash registers of the shrine, which is termed
as the second richest in terms of income, are ringing with
receipt of Rs 401 crore towards donation in year 2011, which
is 20 percent more compared to Rs 322 crore it had received in
2010, he said.
Even the donations in terms of foreign currency have
also risen to Rs 6.28 crore as against Rs 5.43 crore in 2010,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says