Another tiger killed by poachers in MP forest
Katni (Madhya Pradesh): A tiger was electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires in Barhi forest area in Katni district close to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve last night, a forest official said on Monday.
This is the third incident in the last six months in Katni district in which a tiger whas been found electrocuted.
The carcass was found at a farm in Kua village under Barhi forest area located close to the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Barhi Forest Ranger Kapil Sharma told reporters.
"Live electricity wires were also recovered from near the carcass," he said adding that it appears that the animal was electrocuted by the poachers.
A case has been registered against three persons in this regard, but the ranger refused to share details about them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?