Another tiger killed by poachers in MP forest
Katni (Madhya Pradesh): A tiger was electrocuted after poachers allegedly laid live wires in Barhi forest area in Katni district close to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve last night, a forest official said on Monday.
This is the third incident in the last six months in Katni district in which a tiger whas been found electrocuted.
The carcass was found at a farm in Kua village under Barhi forest area located close to the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, Barhi Forest Ranger Kapil Sharma told reporters.
"Live electricity wires were also recovered from near the carcass," he said adding that it appears that the animal was electrocuted by the poachers.
A case has been registered against three persons in this regard, but the ranger refused to share details about them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read