SCs/STs suffered when Congress got weakened: Jyotiraditya
Mandsaur (MP): Atrocities on SCs/STs have increased whenever the Congress got weakened in the state, Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said here today.
"Whenever the Congress got weakened in the state, atrocities on SCs/STs, backward castes and poor people increased," Scindia, the Union minister of State for Energy (Independent Charge), said while addressing a public meeting after launching the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Scheme.
He said that while the state government is supplying 24-hours power in urban areas, people in rural areas get it for hardly four hours a day though the bills are double the amount actually consumed.
"Corruption is at its peak in the state. Law and order situation has collapsed totally and the state tops the country in crime against women," he alleged.
Plans are afoot to launch a Rs 53-crore Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification scheme for Mandsaur district`s rural areas where below poverty line (BPL) card holders will get free electricity, he said.
The Union minister also announced a Rs 8-crore electricity scheme for Mandsaur`s urban areas.
Later, Scindia told reporters that the Congress will not be short of issues against the ruling BJP government during the year-end Assembly polls.
He refused to reply to a question whether he was satisfied with the working style of state Congress president Kantilal Bhuria.
When asked about reports of his name being discussed in political circles for the post of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, he remarked, "I am just a party worker".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing