Asaram supporters take out silent march
Indore: Supporters of jailed religious preacher Asaram Bapu on Thursday took out a silent march here to protest his arrest and express solidarity with him.
The protesters, including women, marched from Tower Chouraha to District Collector`s office carrying placards with slogans in support of the 72-year-old self-proclaimed godman.
Asaram`s followers, through the placards, alleged that he had been framed in the sexual assault case as part of a conspiracy.
Later they submitted a memorandum to the district administration.
Asaram was arrested from here last weekend by Rajasthan Police for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. The self-styled godman is currently in Jodhpur jail under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail