Asaram supporters take out silent march
Indore: Supporters of jailed religious preacher Asaram Bapu on Thursday took out a silent march here to protest his arrest and express solidarity with him.
The protesters, including women, marched from Tower Chouraha to District Collector`s office carrying placards with slogans in support of the 72-year-old self-proclaimed godman.
Asaram`s followers, through the placards, alleged that he had been framed in the sexual assault case as part of a conspiracy.
Later they submitted a memorandum to the district administration.
Asaram was arrested from here last weekend by Rajasthan Police for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. The self-styled godman is currently in Jodhpur jail under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet