Asaram supporters take out silent march
Indore: Supporters of jailed religious preacher Asaram Bapu on Thursday took out a silent march here to protest his arrest and express solidarity with him.
The protesters, including women, marched from Tower Chouraha to District Collector`s office carrying placards with slogans in support of the 72-year-old self-proclaimed godman.
Asaram`s followers, through the placards, alleged that he had been framed in the sexual assault case as part of a conspiracy.
Later they submitted a memorandum to the district administration.
Asaram was arrested from here last weekend by Rajasthan Police for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. The self-styled godman is currently in Jodhpur jail under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Did Deepika Padukone really meet Ranveer Singh in Paris? Details inside!
- Missing Japanese journalist's photo posted online
- Haryana Govt. to file application over Jat reservation issue today
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy