Asaram supporters take out silent march
Indore: Supporters of jailed religious preacher Asaram Bapu on Thursday took out a silent march here to protest his arrest and express solidarity with him.
The protesters, including women, marched from Tower Chouraha to District Collector`s office carrying placards with slogans in support of the 72-year-old self-proclaimed godman.
Asaram`s followers, through the placards, alleged that he had been framed in the sexual assault case as part of a conspiracy.
Later they submitted a memorandum to the district administration.
Asaram was arrested from here last weekend by Rajasthan Police for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl at his ashram near Jodhpur. The self-styled godman is currently in Jodhpur jail under judicial custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane