Asaram`s Indore ashram gets notice for violating rules
Indore: The district administration on Tuesday issued a notice to self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s ashram here for allegedly violating several conditions of land lease.
The notice was issued to the director of the religious centre, from where Asaram was arrested late last month by Rajasthan Police in connection with the sexual assault case filed by an inmate of his Chhindwara ashram.
The ashram at Khandwa Road had carried out illegal constructions and also encroached on the adjoining government land following which the administration has issued a notice to it, Indore Collector Aakash Tripathi told a news agency.
As per lease deed, no permanent construction can be carried out on nearly seven hectares of land allotted to the ashram in 1998 by the then Congress Government headed by Digvijay Singh on an annual lease rent of just Re 1.
The ashram authorities not only violated the lease conditions by constructing permanent structures, but they also purchased agricultural land adjoining the allotted one and illegally constructed Asaram`s two-storied bungalow along with a private swimming pool, Tripathi said.
The ashram officials have also set up a school, parking lot, playgrounds and were carrying out agricultural work on the land originally allotted for running a yoga and meditation centre and growing medicinal plants, he said.
The authorities were given seven days time to reply to the notice, the Collector said, adding the area`s tehsildar (revenue official) has been asked to take steps for the removal of illegal encroachment and constructions.
Similar notices had been issued by Khandwa and Dewas district administrations to Asaram`s ashrams situated in their jurisdiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow