Assembly polls: MP Congress divided over CM choice
Bhopal: Though Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh are almost one-and-a-half years away, Opposition Congress, which is looking to prevent BJP from scoring a hat-trick in the state appears to be divided on the issue of chief ministership.
While a section of the party led by Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia favoured for contesting polls under the tribal leader and Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) President Kantilal Bhuria as Chief Minister, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said the Congress high command, after consultation with party MLAs will elect the leader.
When asked whether Congress will contest the 2013 assembly polls in his leadership and also about his chief ministerial ambitions, Scindia recently told reporters at Indore, "I don`t have any Chief Ministerial ambitions and the party will contest the elections under the leadership of Bhuria, who is the State Party President."
To this, Bhuria said, "I am a disciplined party worker. My president has asked me to resign from Union Ministry and directed to take charge of Congress in Madhya Pradesh. In future also whatever the party high command asks me to do, I will do."
Meanwhile, Singh, who arrived at his ancestral Raghogarh town for launching his son, Jaiwardhan`s second leg of padyatra in Raghogarh assembly constituency in the run up to the 2013 polls, said, "In Congress there is a system to be followed. The party never projects anyone in advance as its leader and will follow the practise this time also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'