Assembly polls: MP Congress divided over CM choice
Bhopal: Though Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh are almost one-and-a-half years away, Opposition Congress, which is looking to prevent BJP from scoring a hat-trick in the state appears to be divided on the issue of chief ministership.
While a section of the party led by Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industries, Jyotiraditya Scindia favoured for contesting polls under the tribal leader and Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) President Kantilal Bhuria as Chief Minister, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh said the Congress high command, after consultation with party MLAs will elect the leader.
When asked whether Congress will contest the 2013 assembly polls in his leadership and also about his chief ministerial ambitions, Scindia recently told reporters at Indore, "I don`t have any Chief Ministerial ambitions and the party will contest the elections under the leadership of Bhuria, who is the State Party President."
To this, Bhuria said, "I am a disciplined party worker. My president has asked me to resign from Union Ministry and directed to take charge of Congress in Madhya Pradesh. In future also whatever the party high command asks me to do, I will do."
Meanwhile, Singh, who arrived at his ancestral Raghogarh town for launching his son, Jaiwardhan`s second leg of padyatra in Raghogarh assembly constituency in the run up to the 2013 polls, said, "In Congress there is a system to be followed. The party never projects anyone in advance as its leader and will follow the practise this time also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble