BJP MLA among five get two-year jail in graft case
Sehore (MP): A local court on Monday awarded
two years` imprisonment to BJP MLA Ramesh Saxena and four
others in a corruption case filed against them by Madhya
Pradesh Police`s Economic Offences Wing (EOW).
However, the court later released all of them on a
bail and bond of Rs 15,000 each.
Additional Sessions Judge Rashmi Agrawal convicted
them under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption
Act and IPC.
The accused were with the Sehore District Central
Cooperative Bank and committed financial irregularities in the
disbursement of funds under `Apna Ghar Banao` scheme over
eight years ago, according to the prosecution.
Saxena was the Chairman of the bank at the time of
misappropriation of funds. On the basis of a complaint and
subsequent investigation, the EOW arrested them in 2003. They
were later released on bail.
Soon after being found guilty by the court, Saxena and
others moved their bail applications, which were accepted. The
convicts said they will challenge the sentence in the MP High
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach