BJP MLA among five get two-year jail in graft case
Sehore (MP): A local court on Monday awarded
two years` imprisonment to BJP MLA Ramesh Saxena and four
others in a corruption case filed against them by Madhya
Pradesh Police`s Economic Offences Wing (EOW).
However, the court later released all of them on a
bail and bond of Rs 15,000 each.
Additional Sessions Judge Rashmi Agrawal convicted
them under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption
Act and IPC.
The accused were with the Sehore District Central
Cooperative Bank and committed financial irregularities in the
disbursement of funds under `Apna Ghar Banao` scheme over
eight years ago, according to the prosecution.
Saxena was the Chairman of the bank at the time of
misappropriation of funds. On the basis of a complaint and
subsequent investigation, the EOW arrested them in 2003. They
were later released on bail.
Soon after being found guilty by the court, Saxena and
others moved their bail applications, which were accepted. The
convicts said they will challenge the sentence in the MP High
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof