BJP MLA among five get two-year jail in graft case
Sehore (MP): A local court on Monday awarded
two years` imprisonment to BJP MLA Ramesh Saxena and four
others in a corruption case filed against them by Madhya
Pradesh Police`s Economic Offences Wing (EOW).
However, the court later released all of them on a
bail and bond of Rs 15,000 each.
Additional Sessions Judge Rashmi Agrawal convicted
them under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption
Act and IPC.
The accused were with the Sehore District Central
Cooperative Bank and committed financial irregularities in the
disbursement of funds under `Apna Ghar Banao` scheme over
eight years ago, according to the prosecution.
Saxena was the Chairman of the bank at the time of
misappropriation of funds. On the basis of a complaint and
subsequent investigation, the EOW arrested them in 2003. They
were later released on bail.
Soon after being found guilty by the court, Saxena and
others moved their bail applications, which were accepted. The
convicts said they will challenge the sentence in the MP High
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed